Appraisal Reports: $275.00 per hour.
At AFAA we value the art you value. Our reports document the details of your artwork: artist, medium, provenance, exhibition history and condition. We then apply our many years of experience to consider the quality of the work, analyzing the market to provide you with the most accurate, objective valuation possible. All reports conform to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice.
How We Calculate Our Estimate
- Our estimate for your project will depend the type of appraisal required, the number of items to be appraised, and the amount of information you are able to provide before we begin. Well known artists require significantly less research time than obscure artists. Internal Revenue Service compliant reports (charitable donation and estate) require more time than those for insurance coverage. We will appraise from photographs with limiting conditions.
Terms of Service
- We send you a written estimate and service contract. The signed contract and 50% of the estimated fee is required on or before the inspection date.
- We set an inspection date with you at your home or business. Travel outside of greater Los Angeles is subject to a surcharge.
- We research the items, prepare the report and arrive at our valuation in approximately two to three weeks from the inspection date. Please allow four to six weeks for estate and charitable contribution reports.
- We e-mail you a draft of the completed report for your review.
- Upon receipt of payment for the balance due, we mail you the signed, hard copy of the final report via USPS.
- We accept checks and credit cards.
All information and materials produced by or submitted to AFAA are confidential and are not released to any party without the permission of the client.