Appraisal Inspection, Research and Report Writing: $300.00 per hour.
- An initial email or telephone conversation with us determines the type of appraisal required,the number of items to be appraised, and the amount of information you are able to provide before we begin.
- Internal Revenue Service compliant reports (charitable donation and estate) require additional hours to complete.
- Prior to accepting any appraisal assignment, we will advise you if, in our sole opinion, the projected value of your artwork, does not warrant the cost of our services.
Terms and Conditions
- We send you a written estimate and service contract. The signed contract and 50% of the estimated fee is required on or before the inspection date.
- We set an inspection date with you to photograph and catalogue the property.
- We research the items, prepare the report and arrive at our valuation in approximately 2 to 3 weeks time. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for all IRS compliant reports.
- We e-mail you a draft of the completed report for your review.
- Upon receipt of payment for the balance due, we mail you the signed, hard copy of the final report via USPS.
- We accept checks and credit cards.
All written reports conform to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice of the Appraisal Foundation and the Code of Ethics of the Appraisers Association of America.
All communications,reports, photographs and other materials are confidential and are not released to any party without the permission of the client.